How can I contact the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry?

Phone: (202) 224-2035
Fax: (202) 228-2125
Address: 328A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510

Who are the Committee Chairman and Ranking Member?

Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS) is the Committee Chair and Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) is the Ranking Member.

I have a press related question. Who should I contact?

If you are a reporter, all press inquiries are directed to either the Chairman or Ranking Member's press office.

To contact Chairman Roberts' office, you can call (202) 224-2035.

To contact Ranking Member Stabenow's office, you can call (202) 224-4882.

How do I get in touch with members of the majority or minority staff?

The main office can direct your calls to members of both staffs. Call us at 202-224-2035.

How can I get the email address and telephone number of a Committee staffer?

We can transfer your call and forward a message to staffers, but unfortunately cannot give out email addresses or direct line numbers. You would have to receive that information from the staffer.

How can I check the status of an agriculture bill?

The best way to check the status of a bill is to use the Library of Congress. http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php

What types of hearings are convened by the Agriculture Committee?

The Agriculture Committee generally convenes three types of hearings: legislative hearings, oversight hearings, and confirmation hearings. Occasionally, the Chairman may convene a hearing outside Capitol Hill; these are called field hearings.

Where can I find upcoming hearings?

Click here to see all the hearings.

Are hearings open to the public?

Yes. However, when hearings take place in rooms with limited seating, access will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.

Where do I find the time, location, and witnesses who will testify in a hearing?

All this information is posted on our website. Click here to see all the hearings.

If I am unable to physically attend a hearing, what are my options?

If the hearing is taking place in a room with limited space we will show a live feed on a TV screen in an overflow room. Also, you can watch a live feed on our website by clicking on "Live Webcast" on our home page. If you missed the live webcast, all hearings are recorded and can be watched at a later time. Go here and locate the hearing you would like to watch. Click on it and select the link to view the archived webcast.

Where can I find the transcript for a hearing and how soon are they available?

You can find hearing transcripts in the Library section of the website. Transcripts are posted as soon as they are available, however due to the printing process, this can be anywhere from 6-12 months after the original hearing date.

Can I obtain a recording of a hearing?

Yes, they are available for purchase. Just give us a call at 202-224-2035. The cost is $5.00 plus an additional 30 cents for every minute of recording. We will need your name, phone number, email address, and credit card information.

What subcommittees are under the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry?

There are 5 subcommittees under the Senate Agriculture Committee.

Subcommittee on Commodities, Markets, Trade, and Risk Management
Subcommittee on Jobs, Rural Economic Growth, and Energy Innovation
Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry, and Natural Resources
Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing, and Agriculture Security

Click here for more information.

I have a specific personal issue with an agricultural program. Who can help me?

We are more than happy to help you in any way we can and will put you in touch with the staff member who can answer your questions. However, most agricultural programs are managed by the Department of Agriculture. Their website is: http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome. If your concern involves casework, we will connect you to the personal office of your home state Senator.