This web site was copied prior to January 20, 2005. It is now a Federal record managed by the National Archives and Records Administration. External links, forms, and search boxes may not function within this collection.
Data Access Tools
The American FactFinder
- This newly updated interactive database engine supports the 1997 Economic
Census...the American Community Survey...the 1990 Census.. Census 2000 and
the 2002 Population Estimates.
Interactive Internet Tools
- Applications available include: Census Tract Street Locator, County Business Patterns, Zip Business
Patterns, International Trade Data, and more.
State and County QuickFacts provides frequently requested Census Bureau information at the national, state and county level.
is a tool and data librarian that searches and
retrieves data across federal, state, and local
surveys, executes customized variable recoding, creates complex
tabulations and business graphics. Current Population Survey, Survey of
Income and Program Participation, American Community Survey, American
Housing Survey, Small Area Income Poverty Estimates, Population Estimates,
Economic Census Areawide Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics
data, Centers for Disease Control data, and more. [The information
that the Data Extraction System (DES) once provided is now available through
Extract Software - General purpose data display and extraction tool
that works with Census Bureau CD-ROMs recorded in dBASE format
- (for: IBM-PC's and compatibles with CD-ROM player)
- Variance Estimation for Complex Samples (for IBM-PC's and compatibles and UNIX [Sun/Solaris])
(Census and Survey Processing System) is a public-domain software package for entering,
tabulating and mapping census and survey data.
- The Integrated Microcomputer Processing System (IMPS) software performs the
major tasks of census and survey processing.