Skip to Content

Sign Up for the
Udall Update

Stay Connected

Problems at the VA?

Discuss on Facebook

Help with Federal Agencies

One of my responsibilities as your U.S. Senator is to provide assistance to New Mexicans who are having problems with federal agencies. If you have a pending case with a federal agency and are running into issues, my staff and I may be able to help communicate with the agency, inquire about the status of your case, or obtain additional information. My caseworkers know how to deal with government bureaucracy and will do all that they can to help you. The first step is to read through this page and make sure that your case is one that I can help with.

  Federal Agencies

I can assist with issues relating to the federal agencies. There are hundreds of different agencies within the federal government and you can see a full list of their websites at www.USA.gov. Here's a list of agencies with which I frequently help constituents:

If you are looking for assistance with one of these, or any other federal agency, my staff will be able to take on your case.

  Legal Issues

Due to the separation of powers in our government, I am unable to provide assistance with legal issues. U.S. Senate rules prohibit Senators and their staff from providing legal advice or intervening in court proceedings, including:

  • Questions about pending court cases
  • Civil cases (e.g. divorce, child custody)
  • Criminal cases (e.g. robbery, DWI)

If you have a legal issue in the State of New Mexico, you can find referral programs through the State Bar of New Mexico at http://www.nmbar.org/Nmstatebar/For_Public/Lawyer_Referral.aspx.

  State Government Issues

New Mexico state government agencies also do not fall within my scope as U.S. Senator. You can see a full list of state agencies and their websites at www.NewMexico.gov. Common inquiries with state government agencies include:

  • Driver's Licenses
  • Welfare/TANF
  • Child Support

For assistance with problems regarding state government agencies, please contact the Lieutenant Governor's Office at 1-800-432-4406 or the Governor's Office at 505-476-2200.

Submitting a Case

In order to assist you, I will need a summary of the details about your case with a federal agency, copies of related documents and a case authorization and privacy release form. To start, click "submit your case" below.

Office Locations

  • Albuquerque
    400 Gold Ave. SW
    Suite 300
    Albuquerque, NM 87102
    (505) 346-6791

  • Carlsbad
    102 W. Hagerman Street
    Suite A
    Carlsbad, NM 88220
    (575) 234-0366

  • Eastside Office
    100 South Avenue A
    Suite 113
    Portales, NM 88130
    (575) 356-6811

  • Las Cruces
    201 N. Church Street
    Suite 201B
    Las Cruces, NM 88001 
    (575) 526-5475

  • Santa Fe
    120 South Federal Place
    Suite 302
    Santa Fe, NM 87501
    (505) 988-6511

  • Washington, DC
    531 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington DC, 20510
    (202) 224-6621