Senator Dan Coats (IN)
CHART OF THE WEEK
This week’s chart shows CBO projections of American GDP growth from 2008 to 2016. As the economy’s performance has continuously sputtered, projections have become increasingly pessimistic as the years pass and this recovery fails to meet expectations.
News & Commentary Weekly Highlights:
Top Economic Indicator Highlights:
- Employment Situation (October)
- Unemployment rate (seasonally adjusted):
- October: 4.9%; September: 5.0%; August: 4.9%;
- Nonfarm jobs (seasonally adjusted):
- October: 161,000; August: 191,000; July: 176,000
- Noteworthy: The largest job gains occurred in education and healthcare (+52,000), professional and business services (+43,000), and financial activities (+14,000). Losses were registered in mining and logging (-2,000) and manufacturing (-9,000).
Upcoming Economic Data