Constituent Assistance with Federal Agencies


Thank you for contacting my office for assistance.  The provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 require me to obtain a signed Privacy Act Release Form in order to proceed with your case. This form must be completed in its entirety before an inquiry can be made on your behalf. You canfind the form at the bottom of this page.


Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:


  • Social Security number(s) for a case involving Social Security;
  • For all immigration cases, please include the petition receipt numbers; priority date; petitioner’s name and A#(if applicable); and beneficiary’s name and A# (if applicable;  if you are inquiring about an H1B visa, this privacy release MUST be completed by a HR representative in the company sponsoring you;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs.  If you are a widow or widower, please include the name and date of birth for the deceased veteran;
  • For all Internal Revenue Service inquiries, the Privacy Release must be signed by both taxpayers if concerning a joint account.  Please provide both Social Security numbers and dates of birth for the account holders.  For businesses, the TIN is required.


Things You Should Know - Your Guide to Congressional Assistance:


  • Once my office has your completed, signed privacy form, the federal agency with jurisdiction over your situation will be contacted on your behalf.


  • A response should be received from the agency within 45 – 60 days.  This is a standard guideline and may vary for each individual case.


  • When the agency’s response is received, you will receive notification from my office.


  • If your inquiry can not be fully adjudicated within 45-60 days our office will  request periodic updates from the agency on your behalf and new information will be relayed to you as it’s received.


  • According to the US House of Representatives Committee on Standards of Official Conduct and due to the separation of the legislative and judicial branches of government, members of Congress cannot intervene in matters which are involved in criminal and civil legal cases. Examples of these types are listed below:


  • Civil/criminal cases
  • Child custody issues
  • Divorce cases


  • Additionally, certain cases which involve Georgia state agencies are not under my direct jurisdictional authority to intervene as a member of the federal government. However, I will forward your concerns to the appropriate state official and request that they reply to you directly.  Examples of these types of cases are:


  • State Revenue taxes
  • Child support services
  • Private Insurance claims


  • While I will always do my best to assist you, please remember that federal agencies have total discretion concerning decisions on individual cases.


Also, in an effort to continually improve upon the constituent services provided by my Congressional office, I have created a survey where you can provide feedback on the services you received.  Your comments will be sent directly to my District Director and kept in the strictest confidence.  The survey can be found here.