Casework Assistance

As a Member of Congress, it is my privilege to serve my constituents and to work with Federal Agencies on their behalf. My district offices will be able to assist you with issues relating to the federal government. However, before contacting my office, please consider the following questions:

1) Are you a resident of the 2nd Congressional District of Mississippi?
Congressional courtesy and the rules of the House of Representatives state that I may only serve constituents living in the district I represent. If you are not sure that I am your representative, or if you would like to find out who your Member of Congress is, please visit the Find Your Representative page by clicking here.

2) Does your case involve a federal agency?
As your representative in Congress, I am able to inquire of federal agencies on your behalf. If your case involves the State of Mississippi or local governments, please contact your state and local elected officials for assistance. 

A few of the agencies that we work with include:

  • The Social Security Administration
  • Veterans Affairs
  • The Internal Revenue Service
  • Federal Employees/Retirees
  • Passport/Visa Affairs
  • United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

If your difficulty involves a judicial matter, such as child custody, divorce, civil lawsuits, criminal trials, or imprisonment, I will not be able to assist you.  Because of the Constitutional separation of powers between the three branches of government, judicial matters (matters involving the courts) do not fall under my jurisdiction as a U.S. Congressman.  Therefore, I am not permitted to intervene in judicial matters. 

If your problem involves a state agency, I won't be able to assist you.  A Mississippi state government agency is operated by the State of Mississippi.  State agencies are responsible for matters such as property taxes, driver's licenses, welfare, child support, Medicaid, hunting licenses, etc.  These matters fall outside of my jurisdiction as your federal representative.  For questions and problems relating to state agencies, you should contact your State Legislator.  If your problem involves a local jurisdiction matter, you should contact your County Board representative.

I do not have any jurisdiction or authority in matters involving a private corporation, business, or organization.

3) Have you used our online constituent services section?
Our online constituent services section has the answers to frequently asked questions about Social Security, Medicare, Immigration and Visas, Passport Assistance, and other topics.

4) Have you completed a Privacy Release Form?
Prior to contacting federal agencies, my office must receive a Privacy Release form in order to make inquiries on your behalf. Please click here to download the form.

If your answers to all of the questions above are “YES”, then please contact my district offices for further assistance.