If you live in Connecticut's Third District and you need assistance in dealing with the federal government, please contact Congresswoman DeLauro's New Haven office at (203) 562-3718, or please complete this PDF form and mail or fax it to me at the address shown on the form with a detailed explanation of your problem/issue.

Casework generally consists of a problem involving a federal program, rule, regulation or administrative decision resulting from the implementation of public law. If you live in Connecticut's Third Congressional District and need assistance in matters involving the federal government, my staff and I are here to help you. From answering a question about eligibility to interceding on your behalf with a specific grievance against an agency, I am dedicated to working with you in resolving your issue.

click here to email Rosa.

What type of assistance is available?

My office can assist you in matters involving federal departments, independent agencies and government corporations. Select the appropriate link to the right to open a case.


Guide to Resources on Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention and the Emergency Economic Stabilization from the House Committee on Financial Services

Some of the most commonly dealt with agencies include:
  • Passports (Click Here for Information on the Easing of Passport Rules)

  • Federal student loans or other forms of financial aid. 
    (You can also download FAFSA forms from the Department of Education Homepage.)

  • Worker's Compensation

  • Immigration Issues 
    (You can also find important information and forms to apply to Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a service, benefit or permit on the USCIS homepage.)

  • Federal Grants
  • Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
  • U.S. Citizens and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
  • Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • U.S. Department of Labor
  • State Department
  • Defense/Military Issues

Please note that as a Member of Congress, State of Connecticut and local matters are not within my jurisdiction. These include:

  • Title XIX
  • Connecticut state and local property taxes
  • Motor vehicle registration
  • Driver's licenses
  • Husky Insurance
  • State of Connecticut spend-downs

Please contact your state elected official (i.e. state senator or state representative), or your city/town official for additional guidance on these matters.


How will my case be handled and what can I expect?

If you have an urgent matter that needs immediate attention, please call my office at (203) 562-3718. After receiving your written permission and all supporting documentation, we will initiate an inquiry on your behalf. Within 10 business days, you will receive a letter with contact information of the caseworker assigned to your case. Your caseworker is your point of contact as well as your federal agency liaison. Please contact my office by telephone if you do not receive a response within 10 business days.

When an agency's response is received, my staff and I will notify you via phone or letter. Please allow 30 business days for a response from the agency. This is a standard time frame that may vary depending on the complexity or urgency of your case.

Federal agencies have the final say regarding the outcome of individual cases, and I cannot force an agency to act in favor of a constituent or expedite a case. However, my staff and I can encourage an agency to give a case full and fair consideration.

Privacy Release Statement: Provisions of state and federal privacy laws require that I receive your written authorization to allow agencies contacted on your behalf to provide me with a reply in response to your request. Your permission will allow the government departments to comply with the provisions of the privacy acts and ensure that your individual rights will not be abused. Therefore, if you wish me to make any inquiries on your behalf, it is necessary that you complete this authorization and return it to my office.

Please submit this form only when my district office indicates that it is necessary.

 Privacy Release Statement