- Today I participated in Center Forward's panel on moderates role in Congress and the need for more members to put partisanship aside. I'm proud of my record of working with Republicans and Democrats on issues that will address our financial crisis and get this country on the right track.
- 13 WMAZ MaconTV Channel
- Blue Dog DemocratsPolitical Organization
- 13WMAZ.comTV Channel
- Augusta Warrior ProjectCommunity Organization
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.Beginning in January, I will be representing all of Richmond County and parts of Columbia County. I encourage folks that are currently represented by Congressman Paul Broun to stop by our transition meeting in Augusta on Saturday. More details are in the link below.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.I'm honored to have been elected by my colleagues to serve as the Co-Chair for Administration of the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats in the 113th Congress. We will work together to bring bipartisan solutions that address the most pressing issues facing this country.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.This morning, I had a great visit to the Fisher House Foundation in Augusta. I donated over 79,000 frequent flyer miles that I accrued through Congressional travel to wounded veterans and their families. This is a great program, and I was honored to meet so many folks who benefit from this program today.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link via Blue Dog Democrats.Today, on the 71st Anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor, we honor and remember the thousands of lives lost. We will never forget the bravery and sacrifice of so many that day.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.Tomorrow is our Constituent Transition Meeting at our Savannah District Office. Anyone with casework before our office in the Savannah area should come visit and meet members of Congressman Jack Kingston's staff. Beginning in January, he'll be representing the area, and we want to make sure it's a smooth transition. Details are in the link below.
- Anyone interested in attending the Presidential Inauguration in Washington, DC on January 21, 2013, should follow the link below. My office will be taking requests for tickets until January 6, 2012. We'll distribute tickets through a lottery, and will announce winners in early January.
- Are you in the Savannah area with casework in my office? Join me on Friday for a "Constituent Transition Meeting" at our District Office. Staff from Congressman Jack Kingston's office will be available to meet to ensure a smooth transition for his office when he begins representing the area in January. More information is available at the link below.
- On Friday, I spoke on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives in honor of Mrs. Geneva B. Stallings from Augusta. Mrs. Stallings dedicated over 50 years to the education system of Richmond County before retiring. Thank you for all you've done, Mrs. Stallings.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.Read my op-ed that ran this weekend in the Savannah Morning News & SavannahNow.com. There is too much at stake for Congress to let partisanship get in the way of avoiding the fiscal cliff. We need bipartisan solutions, and we need them now.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.I'm proud to announce that my Augusta district office is an official drop off location for "Toys for Tots" this year. "Like" or "Share" to help us spread the message, and please consider contributing this year. Check out the link for more information and how to participate.
- Today I joined the American Red Cross on Capitol Hill to send holiday messages to our troops overseas. This is a great opportunity for us to send notes to our military men and women who can't be with their families during the holidays.
- I applaud Gov. Deal's commitment for additional state resources for the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project. This is a critical step to getting the project finalized.
- Today we kicked off our 6th Annual "Holiday Cards for Our Troops" Program. Each year, we ask folks in the 12th District to send holiday cards for our service men and women. Check out the link in participate in this year's event. We're looking forward to seeing some great cards.
Congressman John Barrow shared a link.Get ready for Small Business Saturday. Check out this link for more information and shop small in the 12th District on November 24th. This is a great way to support the many entrepreneurs in our communities.
- Great to see so many veterans this morning at our annual breakfast to honor our heroes in the 12th District. This is one of my favorite events of the year. Thank you to all our veterans for your service and sacrifice to this nation.
- ActivityDecemberPeople Who Like This10