• BookMark


Passports are obtained through the Passport Services Division of the Department of State. Through your local passport acceptance agent, usually at the Post Office, you can apply for a new passport, renew your old one, or do any of a number of things, including replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged passport, or adding new pages to your existing book. Rep. Myrick's offices can assist you in these matters. You will need to print and fill out this authorization form so that we may work with the State Department on your behalf.

The Honorable Sue Myrick
6525 Morrison Boulevard, Suite 100
Charlotte, NC 28211

The Honorable Sue Myrick
197 West Main Avenue
Gastonia, NC 28052
Phone:(704) 861-1976
Fax:(704) 864-2445

Traveling Overseas

You've got your passport and you're ready to go on your trip, right? Not quite. You still have to check with the country or countries you'll be visiting to determine whether or not you'll need a visa. A visa is permission from a country to cross their borders and comes in the form of a stamp in your U.S. Passport. You usually have to mail your passport to the Embassy or Consulate of the country you'll be visiting, so allow plenty of time to accomplish this. Also, check the State Department website for travel warning and consular information sheets that provide very helpful information about the country you plan on visiting. The State Department services website also contains very comprehensive information on all the services it provides both stateside and abroad. This includes crisis assistance for U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad, and various travel publications available on-line.

American Embassies and Consulates General

Many U.S. Diplomatic Missions abroad have information on-line. For those that don't, check the State Department's Key Officers of Foreign Service Posts for addresses, and phone and fax numbers for U.S. Embassies and Consulates throughout the world. 

Passports In A Hurry

Passports can take from 6 to 7 weeks to process.  For a $60.00 fee (in addition to the original passport fee) -- plus the cost of 2-way overnight mail -- you can "expedite" this process and receive your passport in 7 to 10 business days.  Rep. Myrick's office can help with this service, or you can visit your local post office.  Please note that expediting through the post office can take approximately 3 weeks.