Help With The Federal Government

My office is here to help you with issues and problems you are experiencing with the federal government. Since I have been in Congress, my office has helped hundreds of South Bay residences with issues involving Social Security, immigration, Medicare and others. If you are experiencing a problem with a federal agency, and you reside in the 16th Congressional District, please feel free to contact my office for assistance. We cannot resolve every issue, but I promise to work on your behalf. Please write, call or email my San Jose office at the contact information listed below, and be sure to outline the problem and request that I look into the matter for you.

All pertinent information and claim numbers should be included in that correspondence -- such as: your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security; VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs; taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that Members of Congress and their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Therefore, a consent form may be completed before we proceed with your issue.

Please also be sure to include your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that my staff can obtain additional information from you, if necessary. Copies of any documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved may also be helpful.

You may also try contacting the agencies directly:

Department on Veterans Affairs (
Phone: (800) 827-1000

Internal Revenue Service (
Phone: (800) 829-1040

Social Security Administration (
Phone: (800) 772-1213

Medicare (
Phone: (800) MEDICARE or (800) 633-4227

Centers For Medicare/Medicaid Services (
Phone: (877) 267-2323

Department of Housing and Urban Development (


Connect with Zoe

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS