How can I help?


Help with a Federal Agency

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help people with federal problems. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape.  You can always call my office for assistance, but below are some links that may be helpful to you.

Education Department

            How do we prepare for college?

How can I apply for Federal Student Aid?

Are you searching for college scholarships?

            What happens if I default on my student loan?

            How can I consolidate my student loans?

Housing and Urban Development

            How can I get help if facing foreclosure?

            Do I qualify for rental assistance and how can I apply?

            How do I file a fair housing complaint?

Internal Revenue Service

            Where can I get IRS forms?

            Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate 24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline is: 1-877-777-4778.


            How do I find a Medicare Prescription drug plan?

            Am I eligible for Medicare, and how do I enroll?

Small Business Administration

Social Security

            How do I apply for retirement benefits?

            How can I replace a lost or stolen Social Security Card?

            How do I apply for Disability Benefits?

State Department - Visas

What do I need to do to prepare for a trip abroad and what are the new travel requirements?


            Contact numbers for VA Benefits Assistance

            VA Loma Linda Healthcare System

            Veteran Suicide Prevention Hotline

            How do I obtain a copy of my military record?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services


Internet Safety 

How to report Internet crimes

How to avoid Internet scams and fraud 


Federal Job Postings

Constituents often contact my office inquiring about job opportunities within the federal government. Below are some resources that should help anyone interested in finding employment with the federal government
USA Jobs is the official site for current federal jobs and employment information. Users can learn about the benefits of federal employment, and search for federal job openings.

Student Jobs.Gov
Student Jobs is one-stop shopping for students interested in federal employment opportunities. Students are eligible for special benefits in the federal job market, and you can learn more about that on this site.

The United States Department of Labor
The Department of Labor Home Page is an invaluable resource for information pertaining to employment. You can research wage and salary data, and vital economic statistics as they pertain to our nation's world-class labor force.

JAN on the Web
The Job Accommodation Network is a service of the Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy. It provides one-on-one information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities, and is also available through its 1-800-ADA-WORK hotline.

Help with Federal Grants

This page will provide you with a central location to search the wealth of information available from both government and private entities who offer financing to individuals, businesses and state and local governments. The links on this page offer helpful information that will enable you research information efficiently and will guide you on writing grant proposals.

Where can I find out about federal grant opportunities?

What federal grant opportunities are available for faith-based organizations?

Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance

Where can I get more information online about federal grants?

Economic Stimulus Information

Information on the Recovery Act