HomeAbout JimConstituent ServicesIssues & LegislationNews
Immigration PDF Print E-mail

If you have tried to work with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and have had problems, we might be able to help you. Please call my office at 615-736-5295. You may also have many of your questions answered online at www.uscis.gov.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How Do I Renew My Green Card?

If your card has not expired, you need to complete Form I-90 and take the completed form along with two pictures and the applicable filing fee to an Application Support Center. If your card has expired, been lost or stolen, you need to complete Form I-90 and hand deliver it to the nearest immigration office. The closest office to our Congressional District is located at 1341 Sycamore View Road, Memphis, TN, 38134. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Central Time. Individuals are served on a first-come, first-served basis.

How Do I Let USCIS Know If I Have Moved?
If you have an application or petition pending with Immigration, you should send a letter to the office handling the matter and give them your old address and new address and attach a copy of your receipt for having filed those documents with that particular office.

If you have nothing pending with Immigration and you have moved, it is necessary that you complete Form AR-11.

I recently filed for Naturalization or a Green Card with the USCIS. How long will that take?
If you would like Congressman Cooper to inquire about the status of your Naturalization or Green Card, fill out a Privacy Release Form. The USCIS will only allow us to check the status of your application/petition if you give us your consent by filling out the privacy form.

I need a form from the USCIS, but the local office won't give me one. How do I get an USCIS form?
Forms are available for download from the USCIS Web site or you can request forms be mailed to you on the USCIS Web site, or by calling 1-800-870-FORM (3676).

I've tried calling the USCIS to ask a simple question, but can't get through. How do you call the USCIS?
You can also try the USCIS' toll-free number for general questions: 1-800-375-5283.

How Do I Become a US Citizen?
Visit the USCIS Web site for information about How to become a U.S. Citizen. Also, you can download a "Guide to Naturalization." This booklet answers most questions you may have regarding citizenship.

You can now download software from the USCIS website that will allow you to complete your naturalization form on your personal computer, then print a special bar-coded application that greatly improves the accuracy and speed of the data input by USCIS staff.

If you prefer, you can also call 1-800-870-3676 and request form N-400, the Naturalization application, or download it from the USCIS Web site.

Business and Immigration
The USCIS Web site contains a lot of information related to hiring people who live outside of the U.S.  Refer to the USCIS's H-1B Frequently Asked Questions Page for answers on all your questions regarding hiring employees outside of the U.S.

Privacy Release Form
When requesting information it is sometimes necessary to provide a privacy release form to give us access to retrieve your information. Please download this form, fill it out, sign and mail to the appropriate location.


Help With Federal Agencies
Do you need help with a federal agency? My office is here for you.

Please click here to see how my office can help you.