Casework for Georgians




Casework for Georgians


Dealing with a Federal agency can often be a daunting task for someone who is uncertain who to contact about a problem. While all judicial and state matters are not under my jurisdiction, I have created a Four-Step Casework Assistance Procedure below that may be of assistance in guiding you through the process.  My staff is always ready to assist you if you are experiencing a problem with any Federal agency, and you can always bypass these procedures and “Contact a 7th District Caseworker in My Office and Open a Case.”


PHASE 1: Determine Government Level


Before you contact my office for assistance with a case, it is a good idea to determine if your problem is something with which my office has the authority and jurisdiction to help you.


Federal Government


If your question or problem has to do with a Federal department or agency, the Congress, or the Federal Judiciary, you may want to search my Federal government casework section.  For example, if you are having problems receiving Social Security or disability checks, have a question regarding the Internal Revenue Service, need to obtain INS forms, or acquire a passport, these problems can be resolved by a Federal agency.  While my office is not permitted to ask agency personnel to do anything outside of the law or existing regulations, we are able to protect your rights and assist in correcting any agency mistakes.


                      >> Go to Federal Government Casework – Phase 2

State Government


If your question or problem has to do with Georgia state agencies, the Georgia General Assembly, or the Georgia court system, you may want to search my state government issues section covering matters at the state level.  For example, if you are having problems with child support, state motor vehicle registration issues, or state tax problems, these problems are not within my jurisdiction as a United States Representative, but can be resolved by the state government entities linked in my State Government Issues section.


                      >> Go to State Government Issues – Phase 2