I know from my own experience the importance of strong and loving families. When families are healthy, so is America. For too long, Congress has ignored this fact. This hurts everyone, but it has had a particularly devastating effect on children, women, and people struggling with poverty. The pro-family agenda in Congress is sweeping, covering all aspects important to a vital and healthy family life.
I am proud to be a supporter of the following pro-family initiatives:
- Sanctity of Marriage - Children are best served when they are raised and influenced by a mother and a father. Marriages must continue to be institutions to best raise children.
- Parental Notification –Legislation that would require that both parents be given at least four days notices of, and veto power over, their minor daughter’s abortion.
- Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act - Prohibit taking minors across State lines in circumvention of laws requiring the involvement of parents in abortion decisions.
- Home School Non-Discrimination –Legislation that clarifies current federal laws that overlook or unfairly impact home school students.
- HR 1229, the Adoption Information Act – The bill would require that women seeking family planning services from federally funded clinics be given a detailed pamphlet containing referral information for local adoption services.
- Pregnancy Resource Centers - Providing women with access to free medical services.
- The Ten Commandments – Protect the authority of individual States to display the Ten Commandments in public places if they choose.
- Parents Right to Know–Legislation that would require that written notice be provided to parents at least five business days before contraceptive drugs and devices are distributed to their minor by a Title X clinic.
Medical Malpractice Column